Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thinking about my babies

I've been thinking about the girls a lot today. I'm feeling really bad for them because they are not getting as much attention from us as they would like. Katy is feeling pretty sad about it. Laura, on the other hand, is probably secretly thankful that we are leaving her alone. :P We had to have the 'No, we really don't love the baby more than you' conversation this weekend. I think they feel better about things now but I still feel kinda crappy about it.

Anyone who has a baby right now completely understands why but it's a bit harder for a nine-year-old. She's been acting up a bit to get extra attention and it's hard to make her get that negative attention is not 'good' attention. *sigh* I'm sure it will get better soon.

I was going through pics and found this one. Hard to believe my girls are so big now.

THIS is that little baby in the pic above!!?!

We are going to see Laura play soccer this weekend and will take new pictures...

In the meantime, Jamie is already developing his father's fascination with Mountain Dew...

...and has either decided to take up yoga OR is having flashbacks of being in the womb. He did this particular pose all by himself.


Here's to hoping for a beautiful and sunny weekend for Laura's soccer game and a happy and well-behaved baby so that we can focus some much-deserved attention on the two that were with us before he came along.

P.S. If you are reading this Liz...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! WE LOVE YOU!! :D

1 comment:

Sunshine Mama said...

you're such a good mama, I'm sure they'll figure out soon enough that you love them a lot too. oh, I looovvvee the pictures. Katie looks cute and I do remember Laura being that small. And of course, Jamie is a cutie patutie.

When is your soccer games? Any on Sunday?